The following material is intended for UK professional keepers of animals, UK veterinary surgeons and SQPs only. By continuing to browse this site, you confirm that this describes you.
Parassist delivers a holistic approach to parasite control, bringing together tools, services and a portfolio of products to help you and your customers with decision making. Our dedicated vet team will partner with you to help you find innovative solutions to complex challenges and new protocols that are fit for purpose, customised to the season and your area.
Partner with Parassist for an altogether more professional approach to parasite control.
the uk's most comprehensive parasite tracking service
Working with 24 farms to bring you the latest parasite risk information for your area.
Visit www.parasitewatch.co.uk for up to date insight into the stomach worm, Nematodirus, Fluke and fly burdens in your area.
SHEEP PARASITES: Control of the spring rise
• Stomach worms in lambs are the major production-limiting parasites in UK grazing systems; they cause reduced carcass quality, weight loss, delayed finishing and decreased wool production
• Effective worm control can give up to 47% improvements in growth ratio and up to 21% extra wool growth
• Good control can give up to 4.7kg extra live weight during the grazing season1
Control of the spring rise - study data2
Twin-bearing ewes were split into paddocks with three possible treatment options;
• Ewe control: Control Group - ewes untreated
• Ewe LA: Ewes treated with a persistent product - CYDECTIN LA injection for sheep
• Ewe SA: Ewes treated with doramectin as a non-persistent product
CONTROLLING THE SPRING RISE WITH CYDECTIN LA GIVES:
CYDECTIN® 20MG/ML LA SOLUTIONS FOR INJECTION FOR SHEEP
• CYDECTIN LA has up to 111 days persistent action against worms
• A single subcutaneous injection treats and affords 60 day protection against scab
• Suitable for use in foot not vaccinated flocks
• Contains moxidectin POM-VPS
CATTLE PARASITES Season‑long control
Key facts - WORMS
• Worm control must provide the opportunity for cost-effective growth rate from grass and the opportunity for development of immunity via trickle exposure to larvae on pasture
• Gut worms reduce weight gain, carcass quality and milk production. Additionally there is a cost to the immune system of controlling parasites
Key facts - FLIES
• Flies cause major economic production losses in livestock. They reduce feed intake, reducing productivity, and damage hides
• Nuisance flies can spread disease such as ‘pink eye’ and summer mastitis amongst cattle. Midges spread diseases such as Schmallenberg and Bluetongue
• It is vital to ensure early treatment to enable the best chance of successful control of flies
Two hundred dairy and beef cross youngstock on a commercial dairy farm in Dorset were treated with CYDECTIN LA for season-long worm control and were then split into two groups – one treated with Flectron and the other treated with a pour‑on synthetic pyrethroid at six week intervals to gain equivalent fly control. The Flectron group showed a 13% improvement in fly control3.
The difference in herd management costs was marked during the study period. Each of the three additional handlings for a synthetic pyrethroid application took 8 hours including gathering and treatment4. Labour costs totalled £300 per treatment meaning Flectron usage saved this farm over £900 or £9 per head in labour costs alone4.
The The above, combined with an up to 20% reduction in growth rate seen by handling cattle5 meant extra growth during the season of over 12kgs giving a reduced finishing time and a potential extra £23 a head6.
CYDECTIN 10% Long Acting Injection for Cattle
Weight related dose rate
Cost efficient for younger stock
No concern about missed doses in the summer
Season long satisfaction guarantee
No need to set stock
Develop immunity due to the pulsatile release of the bolus
Ask our Experts
We’ve got a dedicated team of highly qualified veterinary surgeons to help you and your business meet the challenges your customers face throughout all seasons.
We’ve got a dedicated team of highly qualified veterinary surgeons to help you and your business meet the challenges your customers face throughout all seasons. Contact your local Account Manager and ask for our spring detailer to find out more about how the team can help.
1. COLIN PENNY - 07775 740124 - email@example.com
2. JAN VAN DIJK - 0845 300 8034 - firstname.lastname@example.org
3. ALLY ANDERSON - 07879 890851 - email@example.com
4. BEN HURST - 07881 011864 - firstname.lastname@example.org
5. KATE INGRAM - 07917 000697 - email@example.com
CYDECTIN 20 MG/ML LA SOLUTION FOR INJECTION FOR SHEEP contains moxidectin. For the treatment and prevention of mixed infections of gastrointestinal nematodes, respiratory nematodes and certain arthropod parasites in sheep. POM-VPS
CYDECTIN 10% LA SOLUTION FOR INJECTION FOR CATTLE contains moxidectin. For the treatment and prevention of mixed infections of gastrointestinal nematodes, respiratory nematodes and certain arthropod parasites in cattle. POM-VPS
FLECTRON FLY EAR TAGS FOR CATTLE 935 MG contains cypermethrin (cis 50:trans 50). For the control of flies on cattle. POM-VPS
For information about side effects, precautions, warnings and contra-indications for these products, please refer to the product packaging and package leaflet. For further information please see the product’s SPC or contact Zoetis UK Limited, Walton Oaks, Dorking Road, Tadworth, Surrey KT20 7NS. www.zoetis.co.uk. Customer Support: 0845 300 8034. Use medicines responsibly (www.noah.co.uk/responsible).
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
You are leaving the country website to access another site in the group.
Regulatory constraints and medical practices vary from country to country. Consequently, the information provided on the site in which you enter may not be suitable for use in your country.